Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes, I get it....

I understand that it's an historic day. I acknowledge that the election of a black man to the highest office in the land is a symbolic victory for racial equality. I fully understand the historical significance of the day and offer my respect and well-wishes for President Obama (note the proper name).

However, tomorrow, after the Obamanuts have left town and the hangovers hit, I just want:
a government that is smaller, more efficient, stays out of my way as a citizen, and doesn't think it can do things better than the private market.
I'd like the arrogance of the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of our government to disappear and those people serving in those branches to remember who they work for, not who they think works for them.
I'd like to have bureaucrats remind people who are getting public handouts to be thankful for what they have and that it is a temporary assistance, not a lifestyle.
I'd like to have the people who have finally spent a couple hours volunteering over the past 48 hours to stop lecturing those of us who spent thousands of hours volunteering over the past 8 years and shut the hell up about "getting to work". Most of us have BEEN working. Not our fault you didn't bother to shoulder your share of the load.
And finally, I'd like the media to go back to actually reporting the news rather than their opinions. I don't care what Chris Matthews, Sean Hannity, Keith Olberman, Dan Rather, Andrea Mitchell, or any other of these idiotic talking heads think. I want to know the news. Shut the hell up and let me form my own opinions about what it means.

Think I'm asking for too much?

Yeah, me too.

No comments: