Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ray Nagin wants a chocolate New Orleans

How fitting that on Martin Luther King's birthday, someone who's benefitted from Dr. Kings' sacrifices and work should promote a segregated city. I thought the text of Dr. Kings speech was something along the lines of "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character"....but apparently, you have to be judged by the color of your skin to be encouraged to move to New Orleans.
That and the fact that he blamed all the hurricanes on our being in Iraq under false pretenses. God is apparently angry with America, and that is why we've been hit with all these hurricanes. While usually I think that Pat Robertson needs to up his medication, I think this is the case where I think he's probably more on the money than Ray. IF God said "I'm gonna hit New Orleans with a hurricane", I highly doubt that it was because we're in Iraq under false pretenses. I think it would probably have a whole lot more to do with the fact that New Orleans tends to be a modern-day Sodom/Gomorrah. But, if you ask Al Gore, God had nothing to do with it, it's actually Republican's fault for not doing something about global warming.

Y'all Dummycrats have to come with with a uniform platform on this hurricane stuff. Either God sent it, or the Republicans. Can't have it both ways.

Oh, and if you want to see Whiny Ray and laugh at his speech, go here. Honestly, 80% of the soundbyte, I agree with. But the 'chocolate New Orleans' and Iraq comment are just ignorant and pandering.

*UPDATE* Crazy Ray is SORRY if he offended someone with his 'chocolate' remarks. What a pantload.

No comments: