Monday, April 11, 2005

Do Democrats think everyone is as stupid as they are?


So I'm reading an article about how 'trickery' caused the turnout to be depressed in this past election and that cost Kerry the presidency. Apparently there were flyers distributed that said that if you were a Republican you voted on Tuesday, and if you were a Democrat you voted on Wednesday. Now, I don't know if you've ever seen these flyers, but they're something called 'HUMOR'....something that Democrats don't have a whole lot of right now. I guess if you get continuously slapped down like the whiny little bitches you are, you probably lose a whole lot of your humor.
Speaking of whiny little bitches, I had the privilege, nay, HONOR of sitting next to United States Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) on my flight to Detroit yesterday. I did my best to make it the longest 25 minute flight she's EVER taken. I started off with "You're our senator aren't you?", and that was the most polite thing to come out of my mouth for the next 25 minutes. "Why is it that during the last election you guys were whining about a social security lockbox and how social security is darn near insolvent, but NOW that a solution has been proposed, social security was never stronger?"....her answer? Political gibberish. I'm reading Dilbert and the Way of the Weasel right now, and I just had to laugh at her answers, because basically it was completely fitting to the book. "How about bringing some 'pork' home to Michigan Senator? Why is everything going to Detroit and nothing to help the farmers of west Michigan?" More gibberish. After about 15 minutes of listening to her, I seriously just looked at her and said to God: "Big guy, if you put this plane into a field, please let me survive, but make sure she doesn't, so you can save the people of Michigan". Unfortunately we landed shortly thereafter and he saved her from me. I used to think that Commie Carl Levin was the worst Senator we had.
I was wrong. She's just an idiot. I think that she thinks that her 'motherly/grandmotherly' ways will allow her to get over. She's wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested to hear how she responded to all of your berating. Or did she just shrug you off?

Unknown said...

Well, berating is probably a strong word. Despite my utter loathing for her, I respect the position of United States Senator. Thus I gave her an opportunity to give me her standard pat answer that didn't really answer the questions, and then came back and asked the same questions. Mostly, she just nodded and said 'uh huh', and when she did respond, it tended to be pretty vague. The only specifics I could get out of her was that according to their numbers, Social security was going to be solvent for a number of years yet, and that personal investment accounts won't solve the problem. I mentioned that I'd appreciate the opportunity to invest my own money and get a better return than the less than 1% that they get for me, and she responded basically saying something along the lines of "you're educated, you could do it, others aren't as well informed, blah blah". Seemed like one of those weasel tricks to disarm and shut me up. My response was that no matter how ill-informed people are, they have a right to choose how their money is invested, and she responded with the standard 'cradle-to-grave' we have to protect everyone schpiel.