Thursday, October 08, 2009

Obama's dream citizen

Detroit citizens lined up to apply for stimulus money without any sort of knowledge of what the money was truly for yesterday.  Some had the mistaken thought that they were going to get a $3,000 stimulus check, which obviously not correct.  Ken Rogulski, from the local ABC radio affiliate, WJR, interviewed a woman who was obviously well versed on how the government works:

Ken Rogulski, Channel 4 WJR News

ROGULSKI: Did you get an application to fill out yet?

WOMAN: I sure did. And I filled it out, and I am waiting to see what the results are going to be.

ROGULSKI: Will you know today how much money you're getting?

WOMAN: No, I won't, but I'm waiting for a phone call.

ROGULSKI: Where's the money coming from?

WOMAN: I believe it's coming from the City of Detroit or the state.

ROGULSKI: Where did they get it from?

WOMAN: Some funds that was forgiven (sic) by Obama.

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get the funds?

WOMAN: Obama getting the funds from... Ummm, I have no idea, to tell you the truth. He's the president.

ROGULSKI: In downtown Detroit, Ken Rogulski, WJR News

No comments: