Monday, April 24, 2006

Hu is Wenyi Weng?

So everyone knows who the psychobabbling mother of slain soldier, Casey Sheehan is, right? I mean, she was on the cover of magazines, on the front page of every stupid media outlet from here to Timbuktu. Mostly because she shared the same opinion, politically, as the left-wing dominated rag-media.
But does anyone know who Wenyi Weng is? Do you know what she did? Do you know why?
Since you're reading here, I'm expecting that at least some of you are well-informed enough to know, but I'm sure there are others of you who are looking at this and thinking "Dude, you spelled 'who' wrong"....
Wenyi Weng is a Falun Gong member who heckled the Chinese president last Friday during a White House ceremony with President Bush.
President Bush had just finished a statement where he urged Chinese president, Hu Jintao to "let the Chinese people speak freely", when Weng began to heckle Hu, yelling "stop the killing" and "free Falun Gong". Despite the fact that we do value free speech here in America, she was dragged from the site by secret service officers, since such actions are against 'protocol'.
Is she being celebrated in the little bit of media that is writing about her?
Nope. She's being portrayed as a nutbag member of some whackjob cult that's brainwashed her into doing these nutty things.
An interesting point of view, considering that same media was celebrating Cindy Sheehan as the second coming of christ almighty.
I don't know why I continue to point this stuff out to folks...heck y'all oughta be able to notice this stuff yourself. I can't tell you the last time I watched the news on TV, mostly because their bias is so overt that it disgusts me. But I still find myself arguing with people who get all they know about the world from 30 minutes (17 after commercials) with Katie Couric, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, or Dan Rather (yes, I know that one is dead, one is stupid(or all of them), and two are retired .....you figure out which is which)

No comments: