Monday, April 17, 2006

Clueless

From Webster.com:
Pronunciation: 'klü-l&s
Function: adjective
1 : providing no clue
2 : completely or hopelessly bewildered, unaware, ignorant, or foolish

I'd say that's a pretty good description of Republican party leadership right now. Floundering, spineless, gutless, leaderless, and other four-letter words would fit as well. Last week I received a telephone call from someone at the national Republican party, asking me to give money. In the past I've given various sums of money, mostly during election years (like this one), and in support of specific candidates. Hey, I put my money where my mouth is...
I advised the young man this year that "When the Republicans stop spending money like drunken sailors on shoreleave, aka Dimwitocrats, I'll start supporting them with my money. I'm already supporting their dumbass Medicare drug plan, illegal aliens, and various pork throughout the transportation bill and others with my taxes and I feel that's good enough".
His response was obvious to me that he'd heard that, or something like that already, and he had a well-scripted response: "Well sir, you know that to get anything done in Washington, it costs money". Touche', I thought, but of course, I wasn't done: "It may take money to get things done in Washington, but everywhere else it takes budgeting, and fiscal restraint. You'd be good to note that and make sure you tell Mr. Mehlman, Mr. Lott, Mr. Frist, and Mr. Hastert that as well". He continued talking about tax cuts, blah, blah, and I gave him the opportunity to end the call politely. Unfortunately he kept talking like Al Gore at a Buddhist temple...so he was hung up on.
Sir, if you're reading this, I apologize. It's rare that I hang up on people, especially my fellow Republicans, but I've grown tired of being preached at by Republicans that the reason they've turned into Dimwitocrats is because "that's they way things get done in DC".
That's a lie, copout, and complete and total crap. Things don't get done in DC. They get done in the rest of the country. DC just gets in the way of things getting done, and worse, influences things in the rest of the country to NOT get done.
Despite my negativity on the Republican party, you won't be seeing a donkey sticker on my pickup truck ever. But I guarantee that there are others out here across the fruited plain who aren't so loyal, and the Republican leadership better recognize that. The sooner the better.

No comments: