Apparently in the recent Time magazine fawnfest over Barack Obama, in between the photographer slobbering all over himself to make sure and get Obama's face in just the right light in the pictures, and the interviewer prostituting himself, tossing softball questions, Obama compared his struggles in life to Abraham Lincoln.
No stranger to irony, the GENIUS of Peggy Noonan had this to say:
As is the case with many of the Democratic leadership, Obama loves to crow about how Republicans have been born with the silver spoons in their mouths (Or in Ann Richards case 'silver foot'), but their beloved whores in the mainstream media neglects to point out that the majority of the DemoncRat leadership was part of the lucky sperm club. Examples:
Actually Lincoln's life is a lot like Mr. Obama's. Lincoln came from a lean-to in the backwoods. His mother died when he was 9. The Lincolns had no money, no standing. Lincoln educated himself, reading law on his own, working as a field hand, a store clerk and a raft hand on the Mississippi. He also split some rails. He entered politics, knew more defeat than victory, and went on to lead the nation through its greatest trauma, the Civil War, and past its greatest sin, slavery.
Barack Obama, the son of two University of Hawaii students, went to Columbia and Harvard Law after attending a private academy that taught the children of the Hawaiian royal family. He made his name in politics as an aggressive Chicago vote hustler in Bill Clinton's first campaign for the presidency.
You see the similarities.
- Howard Dean- Parents raised him blocks from Central Park in VERY expensive area, sent to private academies and schools, paid for by his parents
- Al Gore- Son of a US Senator. Need I say more?
- Ted Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy Jr, and the rest- Unlike us Republicans who actually tend to WORK to make our riches, these guys inherited theirs from their moonshining relatives
- Jay Rockefeller - Rockefeller. Do the research. Duh?!
- John F'ing Kerry - Oh yeah, he likes to marry well, but he's also been born with a very nice background, both parents from money, and he was raised in all the right schools.