Monday, November 06, 2006

Veterans Day

Friday is Veterans Day. November 11. My main point of contention with Google, although there are many, is that they create these stupid logos for everything from Martin Luther King's birthday, to the anniversary of the first airplane flight, to DaVinci's birthday. But for Veterans day, the last two years (at least) there's been nothing.

I would like to put together a massive online campaign to pressure Google to create some sort of logo to honor our men and women who have served this country properly and have worn the uniform of the armed forces, Marine Corps, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and National Guard. All of them.

J^2 has suggested a massive Google Group to try to pressure them, share suggestions for logos and communicate between ourselves. Anyone else with a better idea, bring it, but I kind of like the irony of using their own tools to give them grief. When I get it all created, I'll post it here, but if you want further info, drop me an email at webproze AT yahoo dot com. No link, stupid spambots are getting smart enough as it is.

No comments: