Thursday, November 02, 2006

Project Valour IT

Project Valour IT is a charity that purchases laptops with microphones and speakers for our injured troops. The voice controlled software would help the injured troops still write letters/emails to family as well as read email and surf the web while recuperating.

From their site:

Every cent raised for Project Valour-IT goes directly to the purchase and shipment of voice-activated laptops for wounded servicemembers. As of October 2006, Valour-IT has distributed nearly 600 laptops to severely wounded Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines across the country.

During its initial phase, Valour-IT created "libraries" of laptops equipped with voice-controlled software for the severely wounded staying at major military medical centers. In many cases a laptop was provided to a wounded hero for permanent use.

This is an amazingly good cause, so please donate. I am working on a way to track the donations made specifically from my site, because my plan is to match every donation made.

That's right. You donate $50, I donate $50. You donate $25, I donate $25. Since my readers are some of the best people out there, I have no doubt that I will end up cutting a pretty big check, but I'm ok with that. Good cause, good thing.

For now, if you send me your receipt, I'll note it and on Dec 1, I'll cut a check to match the donations I've received up until then. Hopefully there will be a better, automated way of checking, but until then, let's do it this way.

No comments: