I know that the majority of you won't read this until sometime this weekend or perhaps even Monday, but that's ok....I just wanted to put it out there:
Things that I'm thankful for (in no particular order):
1. My blog readers. Even if you weren't there, I'd still be doing this. But you keep me on my toes, and most of you even make me think as well with your comments and emails. Keep it up.
2. My job. Having worked in a job where people had no hope of getting anywhere without massive ass-kissing, it's nice to work somewhere that appreciates the skills I bring to the table and the experience I have. I may not be on the bleeding edge of computer security, but I'm right there in the middle of the fight.
3. My friends. Even though we've not spent nearly as much time together as I would like to, it's good to know that when it gets right down to it, you're still there for me. And when we do get together it's like we hang out all the time. Beautiful thing friendship and I'm glad I have y'all out there.
4. My family. I'm not saying that my family is any different from any other family, but I have some of the weirdest folks you could imagine in my family. And that's what I love about it. Seriously, between my in-laws, my blood relations, and the extended family, I am so thankful for the support, love and friendship that my family provides. In my 38 years on this planet, they've been there for me and I've learned that isn't always the case with families. I'm glad I have one where it is.
5. The greatest country in the world. Sure we've taken our lumps. Sure we've got a bunch of idiot politicians. Sure we have a media that would rather see us lumped in with the socialists in western Europe as just another industrialized country, but we're still the world's superpower, and will always be. It's just the nature of America. All about the freedom baby....
6. Those who are willing to step up and make the sacrifices necessary to keep this country free. Men and women of the Armed forces voluntarily put themselves in harms way in order to ensure the freedoms of this country as well as other countries. The police, fire, and rescue workers who put it on the line on a daily basis to make sure that we're safe and to help us out when we're not. Thanks for putting on the uniform and doing what you do ladies and gentlemen.
Have a good Thanksgiving and God bless.