So, Mr. Delay paid his family members for working on his campaign? And this is why the Democrats are crucifying him? Well, other than the fact that they have no message, no alternatives, no leaders, no influence, and no clue, yeah, that's pretty much it.
Apparently they didn't read the bible where it says something about removing the 'beam in your eye so you can see clearly to remove the speck of chaff in your brothers eye' (not bad for a heathen, eh?).
-Representative Bernard Sanders (D-VT) paid his step daughter and wife $65k and 90k respectively for services rendered on his campaign.
-Representative Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) runs a PAC that was levied with a $21k fine for illegal contributions
- Senator Joe Lieberman(D-CT) paid his son $34k and daughter $36k for working on his campaign
- Rep. Dave Reichert, (R-WA) Nephew Todd Reichert was paid $3,000 last year, plus several hundred dollars for mileage, for serving as driver
- Rep. Fortney "Pete" Stark(D-CA): Wife Deborah earns $2,400 a month for serving as campaign consultant.
- Rep. Jerry Lewis, (R-CA): Wife Arlene Willis serves as congressional chief of staff at a salary of nearly $111,000.
- Rep. Bart Stupak, (D-MI): Wife Laurie Stupak earned about $36,000 annually the past two years as the finance director for her husband's campaign.
- Rep. Bob Ney(R-OH): Wife Elizabeth was paid about $1,730 a month during his 2004 campaign. She has worked as a campaign consultant for him since the 2001 election cycle.
- Rep. Jim Costa(D-CA): Cousin Ken Costa made about $45,000 for serving as a co-campaign manager last year.
- Rep. Chris Cannon(R-UT): Three college-age children worked on his campaign last year. Emily was paid $5,425, Jane $9,508 and Laura $17,766.
- Rep. Lincoln Davis(D-TN).: Sister-in-law Sharon Davis has been his campaign treasurer since 1994,and daughter Libby Davis was his campaign coordinator in the last half of 2004. Libby Davis was paid about $2,334 a month; Sharon Davis was paid about $1,000 a month for bookkeeping last year.
- Rep. Louie Gohmert(R-TX) employs his wife, Kathy, as his campaign manager. She was paid $21,791 over four months, including a $7,500 bonus last November.
-Rep. Tim Bishop(D-NY): Daughter Molly was paid $46,995 as his 2004 campaign's finance director.
-Rep. Dana Rohrabacher(R-CA): Wife Rhonda Carmony makes $40,000 a year as his campaign manager.
So, to crucify a guy for something that other elected officials, of both parties are doing, seems a bit hypocritical. Oh wait, I forgot, we're talking about the Democrats....my bad.