Monday, January 22, 2007

Hope they go belly up....

First of all, my last post was my 500th...that's a lot of writing for someone who doesn't like to write. Guess when I'm venting my spleen it's an ok thing to do.

Anyway, I received this email from a friend of mine (thanks Billy), and was initially skeptical, but went to Snopes.com and they semi-confirmed it, so I'm going with it.

****************************************************
From: SGT Jason Hess
Sent: Tue Jan 16 3:25
Do you ship to APO addresses? I'm in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for who ships to APO first.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: contact@discount-mats.com
"Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:44 PM"
Subject: Re: Feedback: from discount-mats.com
"SGT Hess,"
"We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq."
Bargain Suppliers
Discount-Mats.com
************************************

Wow. Where do I start?

Well, first off, these idiots apparently have been read the riot act by a number of people because their website is down (Says 'technical difficulties'...yeah, right) and there are no phone numbers to contact them from that site. Oh, but yer buddy Jeff here has your back. Just go here for a cached version of their site (yes, google is sometimes good for SOMETHING).
You can email them at contact@discount-mats.com OR better yet, call them at 414-736-8394.

Their mailing address is Bargain Suppliers 3259 S.106th Street, West Allis, WI 53227, just in case their email address doesn't work any longer.

I'll just add these guys to my list of companies I hope go out of business. United Airlines, Gateway Computers, Crowe Chizek, Smith and Wesson, and now Bargain Suppliers.

No comments: