Friday, February 23, 2007

Walk the Line

First off, I've been a Johnny Cash fan since I was big enough to stand up and hold a microphone that my Grandfather brought home from work at ElectroVoice and say "Hi, I'm Johnny Cash"....

But having said that, I didn't go out to see the movie 'Walk the Line' in the theatres. I had heard that it portrayed June as much more of an angel than she was, and Johnny much worse than he was...plus the whole 'don't have time' thing.

I finally saw it on a flight to Hawaii a year ago and I really liked it. I've since bought it, and watched it on HBO on occasion as well. I'd recommend it to anyone, including those who don't necessarily like country music, because it shows a history of the way music used to be made and how the industry worked back in the day. Plus the characters in the movie are extremely interesting. And Reese Witherspoon is hot, I don't care who you are.

But to get to my point....

I was listening to the iPod this morning and two Johnny Cash songs came on in a row, and the only person I could picture singing them was Joaqin Phoenix....

Is that wrong?
Damn movies.....

No comments: