Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why do I do it?

I've had several friends ask me why it is that I support Ron Paul. Why do I support the man who is also supported by some of those out there on the lunatic fringe so far they need tin-foil hats to keep the government from controlling their brains? How is it that a veteran who loves his country so much that he was willing to put his life on the line for it, can support the same guy that people who deny 9-11 was a terrorist attack support?

While I'd like to say "politics make strange bedfellows" but that simplifies it horribly and completely takes away from what I support about Paul's candidacy.

I don't support the nutjobs who think that 9-11 was a conspiracy by W and Cheney to get us into a war. They're idiots and if you look at my blog and my history you'll see that I have told them face to face as well as in postings here that they're idiots.

I don't support those people who believe in racism and are supporting Paul. I don't believe in racial set-asides or affirmative action, but that certainly doesn't make me a racist. They're idiots.

I don't support those people who say (and Paul is not one of them) that the war is about oil and was all a sham to get control of Iraq's oil. Paul acknowledges that it was a well intentioned war,but has turned into nation-building and has been marred by procrastination and poor planning. While I disagree with his solution to the problems in Iraq, I agree with his analysis. We've f-d it up pretty good and should have done better by our troops. I don't agree with Paul in his stance that we should immediately pull out, but do you agree 100% with everything your candidate says?

McCain, Romney, Huckabee, Giuliani, Edwards, Obama, Clinton are all cut from the same cloth essentially. No REAL change will come from electing any of them. I've been around long enough to notice when change happens and truly none of this cluster of incompetents will make any real change in DC. Sure they'll make subtle changes, incremental changes, most of which won't make any difference in the big picture. But the only candidate that will turn this country back into the Constitutional Republic that it was founded to be is Ron Paul.
“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
- Samuel Adams

No comments: